What is the innovative NO CALC LONGLIFE BOILER TECHNOLOGY of La Vaporella?
The innovative NO CALC LONGLIFE BOILER TECHNOLOGY of La Vaporella prevents negative scale effects for a longer life without maintenance. The special internal design - scale catching device and anti scale filter - catches even the smallest limescale particles and protects the active boiler components for longer so that no maintenance is needed. Moreover, the special aluminum alloy neutralizes the effects of tap water impurities.
What is meant by UNIVERSAL program (for XT100C, XM80R and XM80C models)?
With the UNIVERSAL program you can iron any type of fabric: from jeans to wool, from linen to silk without adjusting pressure and temperature, saving time and effort.
What is a STEAM PULSE function?
The STEAM PULSE function automatically delivers steam at regular intervals without continuously having to press the steam button, reducing stress on fingers and wrists. To activate it just double-click the steam button, to deactivate press once. Excellent for vertical ironing.
Why doesn't the Turbo function stay on continuously?
The Turbo function lasts a maximum of 10 minutes; after that La Vaporella automatically switches to the UNIVERSAL program (for XT100C, XM80R and XM80C models) or to the ECO program (for XB60C model). To reactivate it, simply turn the knob back to TURBO program.
What does the soleplate guarantees an "hovercraft" effect mean?
Thanks to the innovative 360 ° FLUID CURVE technology and to the channels on the soleplate, the powerful steam concentrated at the tip is uniformly distributed on the soleplate’s surface creating a "cushion" of steam that slightly lifts the soleplate to glide better on the fabric.
Can I dry iron?
Yes, you can dry iron your delicate items by selecting the SILK program on the machine. For the XB60C and XB50C models, remember to turn the iron knob to the lowest temperature or to the fabric to be ironed.
How can I set the temperature of the iron for the XT100C, XM80R and XM80C models?
These models have the intellingent iron: to adjust the temperature, simply select the fabric to be ironed and La Vaporella will automatically set the temperature.
How do I reactivate the iron from the stand-by function?
Simply turn the selection knob to the desired program.
How do I obtain the 10-year warranty?
To activate the 10-year warranty, simply register your product on the Polti website within 30 days from the date of purchase or call Polti Customer Service.Read more.
What does the 10-year warranty cover?
The 10-year warranty exclusively covers damage to the La Vaporella boiler system (inlet connection, boiler and solenoid valve) caused by limescale.
What do the colored LEDs on the iron handle mean?
- When the blue light on the iron is on and steady: the appliance has reached the required temperature and is ready to iron.
- When the blue light on the iron flashes: the iron temperature has been lowered / set to a program with a lower soleplate temperature than the one previous one. As soon as the iron reaches the set temperature, the steady blue light comes on.
- When the orange light on the iron flashes: the iron is heating up. When it reaches the required temperature, the steady blue light comes on.
- When the red light comes on: the iron is out of water. Fill the tank with water.
- When the red light on the iron flashes: there is a problem with the machine. Stop ironing, turn off the appliance and immedialty disconnect it from the mains electricity. If the problem persists, contact a technical support center.
- When all the LEDs on the handle are on and flashing: there is a problem with the machine. Stop ironing, turn off the appliance and immedialty disconnect it from the mains electricity. If the problem persists, contact a technical support center.
Which water do I use?
La Vaporella has been designed to work with tap water. Never use distilled water, undiluted demineralised water, rain water or water containing additives (e.g. starch, perfumes), scented water or water produced by other domestic appliances, by water softeners or filter jugs. Use that is not compliant with the “Which water to use in the boiler” section of the Instruction Manual invalidates the warranty.
Can I use an anti-limescale product?
The only anti-limescale product permitted and compatible with La Vaporella is Kalstop. The use of a different anti-scale product will void the warranty.
Can I access the boiler directly for cleaning?
No, thanks to the innovative NO CALC LONGLIFE BOILER TECHNOLOGY of La Vaporella, no cleaning and maintenance is required.
Since I do not have access to the boiler, is a Technical Assistance Center maintenance recommended?
No, no cleaning and maintenance is necessary.